Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sewing

I've been doing this Flylady thing (www.flylady.net for more info) for a couple of months now. It's really helping me get the house in order - decluttering and getting organized. Things are so much better. I have daily routines and they get done most days. So, I've now added sewing for 15 minutes a day to my daily routine. It's last on the list, so I don't know that it will get done every day, but every little bit helps.
I am the queen of planning sewing projects and then not completing them. Right now I have so many projects that I even have a lot of the supplies for that I just haven't done - blanket for Elizabeth, quilt for James, quilt for Elizabeth, towels for both kids with their names, towel for James with his name and an embroidered horse, pillows for our living room, pillows for our bedroom, etc., etc., etc. So, even though 15 minutes doesn't sound like much, hopefully it will help little by little. I started this on Tuesday and in 30 minutes (I skipped yesterday) already finished Amy's Spurs shirt. Amy - I'm getting it to you in the mail in a day or two. So, there's progress. Hopefully I'll be updating the blog a lot with all my finished projects.

No comments: