Happy Birthday Elizabeth. Five years ago, Daddy and I welcomed you into this world. From the moment we found out we were pregnant with you, we were so excited. We couldn't wait to meet you, to hold you, to love you. I can't believe that it has already been 5 years since you were born. That morning that you were born was an amazing time for us. You made it clear very early that you were a Daddy's girl. When the nurses took you to weigh you and clean you up, you were screaming. Whenever Daddy would talk you would turn your head towards his voice and stop crying. This happened several times and we knew from then that there was no hope. You and Daddy would have a special relationship, unlike any other. And as a certified Daddy's girl myself, I couldn't be happier. I love our relationship, but it makes me smile to see you and your Daddy.
In the last year you:
- have gotten very good at drawing - your favorite thing to draw is dogs.
- have come out of your shell even more - you are now willing to talk to your teachers at KDO and answer questions in circle time - a major accomplishment.
- have learned to read a little bit - you enjoy sounding out words in your Bob books.
- have made it clear that you are going to be an animal lover for life - you can't get enough of animals - especially dogs and cats.
- took dance for the first time and enjoyed it, even getting up on stage and dancing in your recital.
- also were in Kid's Choir for the first time.
Overall you have grown up in many ways. Your thoughts and questions are challenging and make me think about things that I never have.
As Daddy and I watch you grow, your personality and passions become more and more clear. You have a heart that loves to help. You enjoy doing things for people - helping them out with something, making them things, giving presents. You are passionate about life. You are a girl that does things full on with lots of energy and emotion behind what you are doing. You are very cautious of people you don't know, but have learned to overcome that when necessary. You struggle with being scared of things, but have also learned how to handle that in positive ways - distract yourself, sing your Bible verses about fear, pray.
You decided this year that you wanted to become a Christian and so with Daddy's help, you prayed a prayer of salvation. You understand that sin is things that we do that are wrong and that Jesus came to die so that we could be forgiven of our sins. You believe in this. We can't wait to see how God uses you as you grow up and learn more about what it means to be saved from our sins. As you learn truly what the grace of God is all about and choose to follow him, we know he will use you in amazing ways. He will be able to accomplish so much through you. Happy Birthday Sweet Pea. We love you!