Thursday, June 19, 2008

What's in a Name?

Life in our house has officially become insane. I still don't really know how this is happening, but I am having no time to keep up with the blog these days. I'm hoping once swim lessons end tomorrow things will get a little more back to normal...now, on to the real reason for this post.
Elizabeth, James, and I were driving today and Elizabeth and I had this conversation:
E - Mommy, I want to call James something different.
P - Ok, what do you want to call him?
E - I mean I want to change his name.
P - Well, we can't change his name, because we already named him James.
E - Oh.
P - Well, if we did change his name, what would you want to call him?
E - Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, Rootgen.
P - Oh well, that's unusual, you don't hear that name very often.
Where does she come up with these things? I was cracking up. I know that cruel kids can find things to make fun of you no matter what your name is, but Rootgen just seems to open yourself up for anything. There's no way I'm sending my boy into jr high with a name like Rootgen. I think we'll just stick with James.

No comments: