Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Aggieland

Well, my brother sent me this video which I loved.


It also reminded me that I have been wanting to blog about our trip to the Bonfire Memorial recently. Dave and I drove over to College Station in June while Grandma & Poppy watched the kids. We had a good time just hanging out the two of us. We went to Wings n More, so yummy. And then went to the Bonfire Memorial. It's something that I had really wanted to do. It's definitely not a "fun" experience but moving and special. If you ever went to a bonfire or were involved with it at all, I would suggest going. It's worth it.
The entrance:

This wall has "The Last Corps Trip" on it. I know it's not Biblically sound, but it's one of my favorite poems. I still get a lump in my throat when I read it.Each "doorway" has one of the students that died. Tim Kerlee was a friend of my roommate. Bonfire fall was an emotional time for all of us, but especially the ones who knew the 12 that died.This is the marker that sits where the centerpole of bonfire sat before it fell. It has the date and time that it fell.

No comments: