Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Birthday

Earlier this month I turned 30. I have had friends that have really struggled with turning 30 and the thought of it has never really bothered me. What was interesting to me though was that the thought of not being in my 20s anymore did bother me a little bit. The 20s were a big decade for me - I graduated from college, got married, bought a house, had a daughter, moved and bought another house, and had a son. It's unlikely that any other decade will have quite so many accomplishments in it. While I look forward to seeing what God has planned for me this decade, I look back with fondness at what he did in me this past decade. I am so thankful for His faithfulness to me.
I had a very nice day. I got several nice presents from family and friends and Dave worked extra hard to take care of the kids so I could relax. My mom made me a french silk pie.
And my sweet friend, Stephanie, baked me a carrot cake to help celebrate at church that night. It was her first ever cake from scratch and it was yummy.

No comments: